The South Simcoe Theatre is proud to present its 2021/22 Season.
Opportunities are now available for our 2021/2022 season! The SST Board is looking for persons who are interested in being involved in one of the three productions (The Last Resort, Burn, and Disaster!) in our 2021/2022 season in the following positions:
- Producer, Director, Music Director, Choreographer
- Stage Manager, Assistant Stage Manager
- Lighting / Sound / Set / Costume / Prop Designers
- Lighting and Sound Operators
All productions will run for 12 performances over three weekends.
November 4th - 21st, 2021
The Last Resort by Norm Foster, Music & Lyrics by Leslie Arden
- Take one run-down Saskatchewan hotel, add seven strange characters and a mob witness on the run and you’re in for a night of madcap musical fun with a murderous twist! As each guest reveals deception and ulterior motives, it becomes clear that no-one is who they claim to be, and this “safe” house might be exactly the opposite.
December 2nd - 12th, 2021
That December Show! “Camelot"
- We’re planning yet another fun-filled pantomime, ideal for the whole family. Come out and boo the villains and cheer for the good guys! The action will be fast and furious with imaginative costumes and wonderfully zany characters who will have you laughing and groaning at the same time! It’s a holiday tradition of absolute frenzied fun for all ages!
March 3rd - 20th, 2022
Burn by John Muggleton
- Three long-time friends - murder-mystery writers who love games - prepare to meet the estranged daughter of a recently deceased fourth friend. Why has she come and who is she, really? Their evening of stories and riddles quickly turns to something more sinister. Tension builds as the three are forced to face the truth of their past and make sense of the present if they hope to protect their future. Unfolding in real time, this gripping psychological thriller keeps the audience guessing until the very end.
May 5th - 22nd, 2022
Disaster! By Seth Rudetsky & Jack Plotnick
- It is 1979 and New York’s hottest celebrities are gathering for the grand opening of a new floating casino and discotheque. The night starts out well but as disaster strikes the casino, the A-listers (and a crazy collection of other characters) must survive earthquakes, infernos and tidal waves - oh my! Set to the best mega-hit songs of the 70s like Hooked on A Feeling, Hot Stuff, I Will Survive and Saturday Night, this loving homage to 70s disaster films will surely have you singing along through your laughter.
June 2nd - 5th, 2022
Four Play - A Showcase of Play Readings
- Every session presents a different set of plays. Four Play presents lightly rehearsed readings of a variety of works: some old, some new, some rare, some challenging. Playwrights are wanted for this event. Check out our website for information on how to submit your original play. Four Play is held on the weekend of the Cookstown Wing Ding.
The South Simcoe Theatre is committed to moving forward safely with the 2021-22 season in conjunction with the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit guidelines, Provincial government mandates and by referencing the Association of Community Theatres - Central Ontario (ACT-CO) Re-Opening Guidelines to develop a safe re-opening strategy.